Key emergent phenomena in the Ubiquitous Computing operational ecology:
1) Media on demand is evolving into process on demand, and emanating from that domain is the realm of "virtual presence" on demand. Voice, data, and composite media streaming are converging into the domain of virtual telepresence, and "tele-existence" deliverables.
2) Interactive transactional process brokeraging is converging into a singular operational ecology, populated by synthetic entities, tele-existence "deliverables." The voice you hear, the "presense" you interact with, may or not be human, and in the near future, such considerations will not only be irrelevant, the distinction will be indistinguishable.
Maxims to live, and flourish by:
1) You are a bi-directional transactional processing portal.
2) You are a node in an operational ecology
3) Everything is connected - if it is not connected, it isn't real
4) The "presence" you communicate with may be human, or synthetic - and eventually, indistinguishable in a ubiquitous operational ecology